Monday, November 30, 2009
The "Stuck on Stupid" Dictionary #21
Yes here we are once again (and so soon), adding yet more words to the lexicon of local terms more commonly known here in Toledo as the "Stuck on Stupid Dictionary".
Now for those of you who have somehow managed to miss previous postings in this area (Shame on you, now go back and read all of the postings under the title of SOS, stuck on stupid, or dictionary.), the SOS dictionary is a reference guide to terms which nominally mean something to the rest of the English speaking world, but appear to mean something entirely different to us in Toledo and Northwest Ohio.
1. A form of choosing leaders unique to human civilizations which often appears to be neither human nor civilized.
2. A human behavior, the definition of which comes fro the Greek poly (more than one or many) and ticks (blood sucking insects), which more than seems to describe it.
1. An individual who runs for elected office at any level of government.
2. An individual who should be treated with caution and mistrust until they prove themselves worthy otherwise, having already established at least one instance of bad behavior in having run for elected office. (see Career Politician)
1. An individual who spends a lifetime running for elected office at any level of government. (see Politician)
2. An individual who should be treated with caution, mistrust, and most probably disdain; having already established that they have no real interest in holding down a legitimate job in life.
3. A subhuman creature deserving no more respect than a common thief, an idiot relative, or a borrowing in-law (the behavior of which they seem to exhibit simultaneously); who should never be voted for and only spoken to when absolutely necessary, such speech being always done with one's hand clasped firmly over one's wallet.