Thursday, February 9, 2012

TFP Column: The Lead Dog


Last week I got an early start in my efforts and found myself well ahead of my compatriots in getting it posted.  This week I may even be a little late in getting something together, and find myself further back in the pack in getting published.


Strangely enough, this type of jockeying for position in the Republican Primary is the subject of this week column: "The Lead Dog".  I'm not sure why most of us should care about the results, even at this point (since there are still 33-1/2 primaries to go), but I suppose that your relative position could have some impact on your ability to raise money; regardless of your ability to raise interest in the process.


While primary news may be of dubious benefit to the Glass City, there will undoubtedly be a lot more of interest in this weekend's edition.  Considering that we're talking about Toledo's largest Sunday circulation and Ohio's best weekly newspaper for the third year in a row, the Toledo Free Press; why would that surprise you?



No comments: