Friday, January 30, 2009

TFP Column: The Wheels On The Bus ...


Well another weekend is almost upon us, and I have been once again favored with the acceptance of a column in the Toledo Free Press. This particular effort deals with the circular logic of regulation and bailout in the auto industry; and you should pay attention, as this will end up being your money on both sides of the equation.

Michael Miller this week describes what I believe to be the typical experience with the red light / speeding cameras with an column "I fought the law" (and forgive me for quoting the old song Michael, but it looks like the law won). This is a subject that Maggie Thurber spoke about in a column just a couple of weeks ago. 

Maggie contributes this week with some interesting thoughts on how drillling for oil might be better than the $1,000,000,000,000.00 stimulus package (I'm going to keep writing out all of these zeroes until I finally start to scare the hell out of everybody.)
There is also a fantastic article by Adam Mahler on one of my favorite subjects in the world. His take on the wine the opinions of the wine magazines is well worth your time.

But as usual there is a lot to this weekend's edition of the TFP, in either the print or online edition.

1 comment:

Adam Mahler said...

thanks for the positive comments! You can read all of my articles at untangledvine.blogspot.com- if you liked that one, there will be few more up your alley.
Thanks again