Saturday, October 25, 2008

TFP Column: The Fairness Doctrine

 
I have decided not to bore you with my normal weekend rhetoric. My belief is that like me, you are beginning to run out of the duct tape required to keep your head from exploding from the non-stop assault of political commercials, and I saw no reason to contribute to that. (I also understand that there is an acute shortage of duct tape currently and didn't want to add to the problem.)

This is not to say that I will allow you to exit unscathed, as I direct you to the second of my columns on "The Fairness Doctrine" published in the Toledo Free Press this weekend. With luck, it will prove to be both entertaining and enlightening (yeah, right).

Have a great weekend ...

By the way, did you know that duct tape is like The Force, from "Star Wars"? It has a dark side and a light side, and it binds the universe together?


3 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Tim,

"By the way, did you know that duct tape is like The Force, from "Star Wars"? It has a dark side and a light side, and it binds the universe together?"

Actually, I was taught that duct tape was the handyman's secret weapon ;-)

Timothy W Higgins said...

HT,

While your teaching was correct young Jedi, it remains incomplete. It is only by understanding that duct tape may be used on anything ... except heating ducts, that your training will be complete.

Roland Hansen said...

Don't throw that at me. Duct! Whew, it just missed me. Good thing I was quick to duct.
Oh, I guess I mean duck. Quack, quack.
Now, who are you calling a quack?

p.s. I figure since I cannot acces my Roland's Ramblings while here at the Mesa, Arizona library, I may as well have some fun con mi amigos, El Timothy y El Hooda.