Friday, June 27, 2008

The "Stuck on Stupid" Toledo Dictionary #2

Another entry has already presented itself already this morning, and I felt the need to get it up in a timely manner.

Business Friendly:

1. See TARTA
2. Any business other than TARTA
3. Businesses in Toledo which are treated in a "friendly" manner through crushing regulation, exhorbitant fees, and city competition.


1. Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority
2. See Business Friendly
3. A public transportation business run in Lucas County which derives only 20% of its revenue from its customers, the other 80% being derived from taxpayer financing at city, county, state, and federal levels.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I would like to run a business where only 20% of the money comes in from what I actually do. 80% subsidies sound nice. Too bad I cant get that.