Tuesday, November 1, 2011

TFP Column: Inevitable Criticism



I have been doing a lot of serious reading lately on political philosophy and economics. (I know, am I living the dream or what?)  One of those recent books, and an interview that I managed to capture a part of on PBS recently led me to attempt to connect the dots between politicians changing their positions on issues ... and why.  It was Michael Sandel and his book "Justice - What's the right thing to do?" that inspired this week's TFP effort, "Inevitable Criticism".

While I can't say that I'm a fan many of those running for office these days, I like to think I keep an open and objective mind where the slimy little bastards are concerned.  Seriously though, I usually allow those on both sides of the aisle the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves to be ethically flawed one way or the other.

It's actually not the apparent flip-flopping that they do on major policy positions that's my problem with them however, but the annoying buzzing sound coming from ... What?  That's them speaking?  Oh man, this may be a bigger problem than I thought.

Anyway, it's early in the week (and next Tuesday's an election day), so if you want to know everything that you're going to need to, you better be keeping up with Toledo and Northwest Ohio in Toledo's largest Sunday circulation  and Ohio's Best Weekly Newspaper (for the third year in a row, no less), the Toledo Free Press.


.

No comments: