Thursday, May 19, 2011

TFP Column: Other People's Money


"I loneliest time that I have ever spent was that waiting for inspiration." - me
Writing this week was more difficult than usual. I was facing a crisis of confidence, a lack of inspiration, and a writer's block larger than an SUV. 


Of course, deciding in the end to take on the subject of the coming debate on raising the debt ceiling in this country posed the additional concern of writing on a subject only slight more interesting to the general public than the varieties of crabgrass in the Midwest. 


'Good things come to those who wait' however (and unaccountably, to me as well); and I was finally able to string together a few words on a subject for the Toledo Free Press called "Other People's Money". It seems strange to me however that something that ought to be a hell of a lot more important to people than Arnold's 'love child' (since it involves the financial Armageddon of this country) doesn't seem to be; but then again, I'm in the midst of reading "The Federalist Papers" for entertainment, so who am I to judge. 


Since this link is going up before weekend edition of the TFP this week (and in fact right after the "Star" edition), I can't describe to you the wonderful and exciting things that it will contain. Of course, even if I could, I wouldn't; since that would ruin the surprise. So if you want to know, you're just going to have to spend some time catching up with Toledo's largest Sunday circulation newspaper, the Toledo Free Press.

No comments: