As I was putting together this weekend's offering, I noticed that another milestone in my blogging career had passed, almost without my notice. Earlier in the week I put up my 500th posting on Just Blowing Smoke (and you have to admit, that's quite a smokescreen). Now I know that's this is not a lot for some of those truly dedicated to this effort, and I'm sure that there are a couple here in Toledo (that could easily be called to mind) that achieved this level of production far more quickly than I have. As I have always considered a bit of a plodder however, this has proved considerably more effort for me. As it has been for everyone else, 2009 has not been a perfect one. I have faced my share challenges in 2009 as well, but I refuse to be daunted by them.
Far too many of us it seems, have a thing or two on their plate in recent days to be dealt with and I'm sure that most feel that the less said about them the better. My own are things of little real concern to the world, things for which I alone must take responsibility and action, and with just a bit of good fortune the coming year will see them well past. But these are not the things that I deem worthy of remembrance on a personal level as I look back on 2009. For I have been fortunate indeed in the last twelve months, with a number of events in my life to be truly grateful for.
- I got a chance to act as a substitute host on the one hour radio show "Eye On Toledo" a couple of time on 1370 WSPD.
- I have had a column which has become pretty much a fixture of the Toledo Free Press (a bathroom fixture perhaps, but a fixture nonetheless).
- One of my efforts for the Toledo Free Press "Wants and Needs" managed to get picked up by Glenn Beck on his syndicated radio show.
- I had the real pleasure of finally meeting two of the local bloggers that I had been sharing ideas with on the blogosphere in person, Roland Hansen and Dave Zawodny (Hooda Thunkit).
- As I have all of my life, I have had the friendship and love of friends and family to support and protect me (mostly from myself).