Now I know that you would probably take this statement on face value, especially coming from me; but I would not insult your intelligence in such fashion. Besides, I have proof:
City Level in Ohio
- Toledo - It is illegal to throw a snake at anyone.
- Bexley - It is illegal install or operate a slot machine in an outhouse
- Youngstown - It is illegal to ride on the roof of a taxi
- Akron - It is illegal to display colored chicken for sale
- Paulding - It is legal for a policeman to bite a dog in order to quiet him
- Women are barred from wearing patent leather shoes for fear that men will be able to see the reflection of their underwear in them.
- It is illegal for more than five women to live in the same house
- It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday
- It is illegal to get a fish drunk
- Bear wrestling matches are illegal
- It is illegal to flick boogers into the wind
- It is illegal to have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time
- It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy
I have to wonder however, how many of the laws being passed today will be looked at with the same amusement, incredulity, and embarrassment in days to come. Perhaps this is something our all too busy legislators, in their haste to attach their name to the next bit of political nonsense should remember; lest we remember it the next time that they run for election.