Friday, September 25, 2009

TFP Column: Why The Media IgnoresTea Parties

 
Once again, the Toledo Free Press has placed their editorial standards at risk by publishing my piece this week on the Tea Party phenomenon going on today. 

After last week's Don Burnard piece however, I felt that a different take on them might be in order. I likewise urge everyone to read some of the letters to the editor in response to that column. 

Mssrs. Pounds and Miller do their normal stellar work and Jim Harpen has an interesting response to the 18% voter turnout in the recent primary election. Aw, what the heck. Take the time to go through the whole darn edition. I know you will find it as worthwhile this week as I did.

1 comment:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Tim,

COme Friday morning I read the "Freep" on line before even looking at the Blah/Bland.

I particularly like the quality that local management brings to a REAL paper vs. the self-serving, slanted, biased (so-called) reporting (read as vindictive rants) of an out town bitter old man, still licking his wounds after years of being spurned by Toledo's beautiful and intelligent women...