Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Coincidence?

The time is fast approaching for President Obama's health care speech to a joint session of Congress. I have no intention of listening to another speech either by the president, or by anyone on health care in this country again this week. 

 As a consequence the search for available options was on. Surfing around my limited cable service, I noticed that one of the alternatives was a movie on American Movie Classics (AMC). It is an old Arnold Schwarzenegger and Gabriel Byrne film from 1999, "The End of Days". I know that the movie played over the holiday weekend on this same channel, but I have to ask: "Could the timing of a showing a movie about the end of the world playing at the same time as the president's speech to Congress be a coincidence?" 

4 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Tim,

Yes, but why did you have to ask?

Your instincts are still intact.

;-)

Timothy W Higgins said...

Dave,

I can't help it. The skeptic in me always questions the concept of a coincidence (much like it has me always questioning the speeches of politicians).

Roland Hansen said...

Irony of ironies!

Timothy W Higgins said...

Roland,

I have decided that this is either proof of a lack of media bias (unlikely), or proof of chaos theory.