Friday, September 18, 2009

TFP Column: Congressional Apology

Somehow this week I once again managed to throw a column together for the Toledo Free Press, this time giving my take on the breach of decorum that occurred during the President's speech to a joint session of Congress on health care reform. While I cannot promise any real insight into the affair, I do hope to put a little historical perspective on the matter. 

There are a number of interesting pieces in the Opinion section this week, including some that I find myself at odd with (but I'll let you read them and guess which ones). Tom Pounds and Michael Miller once again have some well chosen words worth reading, election results are recapped and evaluated, and for those less politically minded there is a great deal going on in the Arts, Community, and Sports sections to keep anyone interested. 

 Toledo is looking to be blessed with yet another beautiful weekend, and spending a bit of it reading the Toledo Free Press will make it even better.

4 comments:

Roland Hansen said...

I herby make a pre-emptive comment:

I apologize.

Roland Hansen said...

hereby - not herby -- that would be sexist.

Timothy W Higgins said...

Roland,

You've got me man! I am now forced to apologize for not being the first to apologize.

I guess that this makes us a couple of sorry individuals.

Roland Hansen said...

Tim,
If we are a couple of sorry individuals, just think what all those other yahoos are!!!!