Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Susie

While I have been known to use this blog site shamelessly in the past (and will probably do so in the future), I would like to take just a moment to make an exception. My cousin Susie Johnson is having a bone marrow transplant tomorrow as part of her ongoing treatments for leukemia. She is currently in remission, having gone through some rather extensive treatments to get to this point, and everything is looking very good for even more progress with the coming procedure. 

Christmas Eve is a lousy time to have to go through such a thing however, and I expect that it probably has her feeling a little low. I believe that the spirit of the holiday, as well as her own strong spirit, will provide her with a much happier new year as a consequence of these efforts. 

My request of you is to keep Susie, her husband Bob, and the rest of her family in your thoughts today as you prepare for your own Christmas festivities. I believe in the power of positive thought and positive attitude (and believe me, if anybody in my life has ever had an attitude, it was Susie)

Merry Christmas Susie, Santa gonna have a big present for you...

2 comments:

Roland Hansen said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Susie and the entire family.
Best wishes and glad tidings to all.

kck_kat said...

Susie is receiving an awesome present from her sister Carol and a new start in the New Year. Prayers worked for George Bailey, when God sent down old Clarence. I have faith all of the prayers for Susie will be heard too!