Friday, July 22, 2011

TFP Column: Economics 101

While failing to produce a mid-week posting for this blog, I seem to have managed to write three efforts for publication in the electronic edition of the TFP in the last week. In this third piece, I have returned yet again to ongoing discussion over raising the Debt Ceiling in this country, for no better reason than that this debate may define the direction of this country for the next 2-6 years; as well as who wins the next presidential election. Now while I can make no claims to the teaching abilities exhibited by my youngest offspring, I will nevertheless attempt to offer a lesson plan in the instruction of Economics 101 entitled "Revenue Enhancements Are Tax Increases!". As heated as this debate in Washington DC is however, it's not nearly as hot as it is across the Midwest. My advice therefore, would be to find a place where the Internet is available and the temperature is comfortable to spend a little time catching up with what's going on in Northwest Ohio with Toledo's largest Sunday circulation and Best Weekly Newspaper, the Toledo Free Press.

No comments: