Friday, February 27, 2009

The New Budget Revealed...Not


I have been asked to comment on the first Budget proposal of the Obama Administration. What will it do to and for the economy? What will be the long term implications of the deficit spending that it calls for? What will be the meaning of the ending of the tax cuts of the previous Bush Administration? 

Quite frankly, I don't have the time or inclination to go into this in any detail right now, though I am sure that I will try to in the days ahead. While trying to come up with a pithy comment to at least begin the discussion however, I came across the following quote. I believe that not only is it the proper place to begin, but that it probably says it better than I could hope to (damn, I hate when that happens).  

There's always somebody who is paid too much, and taxed too little - and it's always somebody else.  
Cullen Hightower

No comments: