Monday, September 1, 2008

On The Road Again ...


The only thing consistent in life is change ...

The people who pay me for the things that I do when not indulging in the dirty little habit of writing this blog have determined that my life is far too boring and needs some excitement. Having assessed my talents and abilities, they have become convinced that I am full of natural fertilizer (No, I have not been touched by the Mayor. Any abilities that I have are simply that of my Irish progenitors, better known as the "gift of gab".). 

They have therefore determined that I should go back on the road again in a single-handed attempt to save the newspaper industry from itself by re-entering the sales end of the business (and if I can make them a buck or two in the process, it's OK with them). This return to the road after over 4 years of a more structured office existence promises some profound changes in my everyday affairs. (No, not that kind. Jeez, what a dirty mind.)

Now some of you might be asking at this point if this will have any effect on my blogging. (Why this should be the question uppermost in your mind is your problem.) While it will certainly put me at a certain level of disconnect from the everyday goings on in Toledo, I am sure that can get anything I need to know just by reading blogs. (and listening to a podcast or two right?) 

On the bright side, I may find that the travel helps to broaden my perspective rather than my backside (and the travel points don't stink either). What I don't expect however, is that this new challenge will force me to set aside the time I normally do for writing. I have too much fun committing social suicide on the Internet to give it up at this point.


Bear with me through this latest transition in life if you will, and I promise that I will do all in my power not disappoint you any more than I already have. (Nothing like setting the bar kinda low, huh?)

No comments: