Tuesday, August 28, 2012

TFP Column: Laboring Under A Misconception


“If you work hard, sooner or later your boss will notice, you’ll do better, and earn more,” is what my father told me as a boy.

At least that was the beginning of my premise for this week's TFP effort, "Laboring Under A Misconception".  These days I wonder however, as I contemplate the re-establishing of a career in the current crazy economy and the insane attempts of the government to try and control it. 

But listen, this is a busy enough week with another hurricane approaching New Orleans and the storm that's expected to be going on in Tampa at the Republican National Convention over the next couple of days.  So I'll just encourage you to read some of the award winning journalism of a paper that just picked up four individual awards from the Ohio Society of Professional Journalists (and no, I didn't win one of them, though Michael Miller won two).  If that weren't enough, we're talking about the largest Sunday circulation in Toledo and now the winner of the best weekly newspaper in Ohio for the FOURTH straight year, the Toledo Free Press.