- My only prejudice is against people who choose to be stupid.
- A lack of understanding where the rules are concerned should never prevent a person from playing the game. Take love for example ...
- I usually find it easiest to resolve to eat a healthier diet right after a big meal of junk food.
- Politicians are like the color swatches on paint chips. While many of them look good on initial inspection, most look far less attractive when committed to.
- Anyone who tells you that they "understand" something is trying to sell you a book.
- Any statement purported to be fact that contains the word "always" or "never" can usually be counted on to be wrong.
- Few things in life are best confronted with ones eyes closed. I may be the exception that proves the rule.
- Scientists have a funny way of taking a perfectly reasonable observation and turning it into a completely unreasonable assumption of fact.
- We should find great relief in that fact that our government is normally so bogged down in bureaucracy and ineptitude that ends up accomplishing very little. This functional failure is probably the only thing that keeps it from "saving us to death".
- The advantage of writing over speaking is the ability to endlessly edit before revealing your thoughts. Such a process usually makes one look far more intelligent than they actually are, and prevents any number of hurt feeling. I highly recommend it.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Wisdom For The New Decade
In keeping with a tradition from Just Blowing Smoke, I am attempting to take the easy way out on this first weekend of the year by attempting to foist some of my own collected maxims as some form of wisdom. I hope that you enjoy them, and that they lead you to a path of reason, responsibility, and ridiculousness.