Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Marine Corp Museum: Tradition Remembered

The spike at the top of the building is at the same angle and
is pointed in the same direction as the flag raised on Iwo Jima

I recently attended a reunion of the Marine Corp Battalion of my late father down in Quantico, Virginia. There are a few things that I have to say about that visit, but will do that in a separate posting. As part of that trip however, we were able to spend part of a day at the Marine Corp. Museum that is part of that base. For any of you who have friends or family that are serving or have served in the Corp. (or anyone as fascinated as I am with this organization), this is a pilgrimage that you will have to make. Rather than bore you with any of my usual nonsense on a subject however, I will instead simply share with you some of the pictures that I got while touring this facility.
Enjoy ...

 

No comments: