Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Santa Letter - 2017

Santa Claus
c/o North Pole


Dear Santa,

I Know that it seems  to nave been a long time since I have written you (time being, of course, a relative term to somebody with your lifespan), but I am writing again a bit these days.  However my scrawling's often take more than their normal time to decipher ... and you were on my short list.  

It's probably a bit soon to be writing yet, this early in the year anyway, but though Halloween has yet to occur, I could not help myself (even with my pitiful my attempts on with the keyboard makes) are not what they used to be … so I perhaps I had better start the process a bit early this year, in the hopes that I could get this, at least in some part, complete in what seems a timely fashion. 
(A more timely fashion for some of us than what it used to be, I admit.)

Please note (but only carefully however) that there are still many, on both sides of the political aisle, who probably should be on the 'naughty' list these days if they are not already (and who could use a heat producing mineral in their stocking), but creating such a lengthy list (let alone wasting the time involved by checking on them twice) seems like a worrisome task for anyone in the circumstance.  With all the cities that I have lived in over the years, the whole process is even more confusing, and the list potentially even more cumbersome. 

Besides, it's likely that Karma will eventually catch up with all of them eventually anyway, so why let your group take any heat for their eventual downward slide.  I hope that while many (Ok, maybe all) are likely to be in that category anyway, but you' can still give them a seasonal break whether they deserve it or not.  (I have no idea how you've managed to get this done over the years, and seemingly every year for one reason or another; and I thank you for the consideration that you are willing to give because of  requests, though you (or they) certainly don't owe me anything.)

Do the best you can as well for my kids and grandkids, (as you always have) and I will be appreciative for whatever you manage to bestow on them.  (As I you know, I will be trying to do trying to the same for them as well.)  I know that this approaching time is supposed to be all about them after all (in spite of what the commercials will soon be saying about cars and jewelry), and in spite of all the normal seasonal craziness  that's going on recently.

I hope perhaps it still will manage to be as so as much as it can.

For myself however, I find that I have nothing on my list that I really need (a crumpled Post-it note somewhere ... no more, no less) which I won't be able to pass on due to you due to numerous personal handwriting problems  (which is, after all, what this effort was supposed to be about originally.)  In truth, I recently had some help in reducing my personal inventory (and my personal relative size), and I have no urge to see either begin to reach their former levels. 

You probably have an overabundance of such requests on unnecessary things from other folks with lists that I'm sure will help the elves keep busy enough in the time available.  So in order to fill this time of year, as the Holiday season approaches; please forget any personal article you that you might think I want , but shouldn't really need anyway. 

You will  notice of course (this year) a further notation that my address has recently changed (and is about to again, so they tell me), but I'm sure you know what you need to do in order to find it.  The new digs will no doubt be as welcoming as the old ones were, if you get a chance ...  or just want to stop by and hang out for a bit.  I will probably have to do some work on the egg nog and snack requirements as required, but that's OK with me.

By the way, I shaved off the beard in recent days, not only to avoid potential seasonal job offers and confusion, but also as an unusual change of pace from my usual appearance.  The changes are something that you might find entertaining, if not amusing.  

Mostly however, I look forward to the chance of getting together again.


Best Seasonal Wishes,

Tim



No comments: