Monday, September 4, 2017

He's Back!


It seems. at least according to the movie previews, that 2017 may be the year of the comeback!  At least that's what we should probably take from all of the re-makes, updates, prequels, and sequels that follow all of the latest movies either in production,  or those preparing to be shown in theatres around the country. 

Having previously abandoned my so-called electronic life for some period of time (and for what I felt was a good reason), I now find myself with the urge to participate once again in this circus of life, and to perhaps emerge from this previously static state.

(And such a return seems strangely appropriate during this last Hallmark Holiday of the Summer).

My absence from such pursuits has had a good reasons for occurring.  I had some recent health situations (that do not bear repeating, even under torture believe me); and the dull-witted excuses I may have long used as an excuse, may in fact, may have become part of the actual reasons for the problem. 

Never allowing reason (in however misguided  a form it might seem) to get in the way of anything that I might do or say however, I have put out a call (figurative, of course) to the now largely separated staff of "Just Blowing Smoke (those formerly locked in the attic in Toledo, OH or Mission, KS)  to see if an occasional effort of 're-integration' might be possible.  Having no will of their own (let along a mind) a number of them have agreed, and I think we can entice most of the rest to do so, once we find them (in their various haunts).

It is therefore my intention to do so. And in the spirit that all things eventually come back (even the bad movies), to re-open this blog as a consequence.

It's probably not fair at this point to comment too much about any politics (but I'm sure that I probably will anyway).  I also promise to bring back anything and everything else that suits my fancy at any time or need that it requires.  I hope that you will be able to enjoy these latest efforts, and will forgive me for the use of  mental muscles that have probably gotten flabby from long disuse.


3 comments:

Stone News and Commentary said...

Good to have it back and please keep writing as long as YOU enjoy doing the blog!

Judy said...

I for one am happy too see the smoke a'blowin again! You might have to settle for the Two Musketeers and a Damnme-in-distress for coffee next time?

Roland Hansen said...

To be able to read the musings of mi amigo Tim Higgins once again gives new meaning and purpose to my life -- just at the time when I had thought there was no purpose for me anymore.
I have missed reading "Just Blowing Smoke..." and "Hooda Thunkit's Therapy Blog" (may Dave Zawodny rest in peace - I miss him so much). Both had always been my favorite reading material on the net..
Oh, by the way, I read that black smoke was seen blowing from the Russian Consulate in San Francisco a few days ago. .