Monday, June 27, 2011

TFP Column: When I Was A Child

After a taking week off as a columnist, I found myself time and again returning to a couple of subjects; the ongoing conflict in Libya and the continued negotiations over raising the debt ceiling in this country. 


Unable to choose between the two, I selected a path even more unlikely for me and used a New Testament passage to draw the two together. The result for this week's TFP, "When I Was A Child ..." speaks to the apparent disparity of perspective on the subject of ruling, depending on whether you are in power or not. 


It's extensive use of quotation is likewise a bit of a departure for me, but I hope worth the time it takes to read (and think about). There's a lot going on in NW Ohio worth thinking about, but the only way you're going to find out what it is, is by reading Toledo's largest circulation (and Ohio's Best weekly) newspaper, the Toledo Free Press.

No comments: