Friday, December 14, 2007

That's Not Right #4 - Free Government Money

I was rubbing the sleep from my eyes this morning and was getting ready to turn off the TV and turn on the radio. (I tend to leave the TV on through the night in order to light the bedroom so that I don't trip over anything in the dark through the night.) I was brought up short this morning however by a man who appeared to be dressed in a clown suit talking about free government money to be had, and offering to tell people how to get it if they would just send him $19.95. I laughed at the way that he looked, the way that he talked, and the offer that he was making. Then it struck me: THAT'S MY MONEY HE'S TRYING TO GIVE AWAY! Recent self-education has reminded me that the government has no money accept that which they extort from me by force. Therefore, what this guy is trying to give a way is money stolen from me.
  • Could this make him an accessory after the fact to the theft of that money?
  • Could this man be charged with solicitation to obtain stolen property?
Concerned, I went to my computer and Google searched government money and free government money. You would be absolutely amazed to learn how many websites there are out there to help you get money from the government, including more than one from the government itself, like this one: http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Benefits.shtml .

It's bad enough that government is stealing my hard earned money for its own nefarious purposes. It's worse that people are stupid enough to believe that this money is "free", when in fact it comes out of their pockets. It's worse still when that the government is so intent on capital redistribution that feels the need to spend more of my tax dollars in the creation of websites to give my money away. It seems positively criminal that someone has decided to make a living by enabling this reprehensible conduct by the government.

I'm sorry, but it's been a bad week and discovering this is only making it worse. I think that I am going to go back to bed and pull the covers up over my head. I won't even turn the TV on, as it's obvious that performing even these simple acts can lead to serious depression.

1 comment:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Tim,

That wasn't my old buddy Matthew Lesko, was it?

Mat used to sell the same information for $ 75.00 plus postage...