Wednesday, February 20, 2013

TFP Column: Capital / Capitol Offenses


The English language can be rather tricky to work with, as anyone whose been in a hurry while using there, their, and they're can tell you.  Sometimes however, you don't even have to be in a hurry in order to become more than a little confused.  So I found out at least as I found myself working in the wee hours of the morning on a piece for the TFP website entitiled "Capital / Capitol Offenses" detailing some of the things going on in our national legislature in our nation's headquarters.  I won't try to explain that confusion to you, as the explanation itself might confuse you.

On the other hand, my guess is that you will find today's release of the TFP "Star" edition far less confusing than any of my efforts.  I suspect that without contradiction, I can go even further and predict that far less confusion is also likely to be found in this weekend's edition of Toledo's largest Sunday circulation  and Ohio's best weekly newspaper for years; the Toledo Free Press.



No comments: