Have you ever noticed that we treat the sacred right and privilege to vote in this country a lot like we treat attendance to our bodily functions? Don't believe me? Well take a look at the list below and see if they don't apply to both:
- People tend to do perform this function only when absolutely necessary and often wait until the last minute before doing so
- This function is always done in a small enclosed space, whether it is a special room or merely a "stall" used in a public place
- This function is always done in private, with any observance or assistance treated at best as embarrassing and at worst as offensive
- Many people seem to make a mess of it, in spite of the number of years that they have been doing it
- No one seems to be very proud of completing the process with the exception of senior citizens, who seem to treat the exercise of this function as another milestone of continuing existence.
- The results of exercising this function usually result in something that stinks